edited by Dinah Livingstone
Sofia is the magazine of the Sea of Faith Network (UK) and is published quarterly. It is free to all members of the UK network but non-members can also subscribe to the magazine.
Further details HERE.
Click on thumbnail of front and back pages for larger image.
Sofia #129 September 2018The Necessity of Hope
- Front cover image
: Painting of May tree in flower by Anne Mieke Lumsden.
- Back cover images
: Thai Wild Boar football team discovered alive in cave: bbc.co.uk;
ex-fireman Rick Stanton, one of the first divers to reach the boys: ITV News;
four Thai Navy Seals, the last divers to exit caves after the rescue: Thai Navy Seal/Facebook.
- Dover Beach by Matthew Arnold
- Everything in Our World Did Not Seem to Fit by Naomi Shihab Nye
- Passchendaele by John Pearson
- Francis McDonagh reviews The Political Samaritan: How Power Hijacked a Parable by Nick Spencer
- Pauline Pearson reviews Paul: A Biography by Tom Wright
- Nora Parr reviews A Blade of Grass: New Palestinian Poetry edited by Naomi Foyle
- Kathleen McPhilemy reviews The Inner Level by Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett
Regulars and Occasionals
- Letters:A Final Note from Don Cupitt and Cupitt bibliography 2018
- Revisiting: Carol Palfrey revisits Middlemarch by George Eliot
- As I Please: Exercising Ghosts. John Pearson goes to Woodhall Spa.