edited by Dinah Livingstone
Sofia is the magazine of the Sea of Faith Network (UK) and is published quarterly. It is free to all members of the UK network but non-members can also subscribe to the magazine. Further details HERE. Click on thumbnail of front and back pages for larger image.
Sofia #97 September 2010Religion and Social Justice
- Lunching by the Sea of Galilee by David Perman
- Tony Windross reviews Theology's Strange Return by Don Cupitt
- Helen Bellamy reviews What Should I Believe? by Dorothy Rowe
- Kathleen McPhilemy reviews A Compression of Distances by Daphne Gloag
- Anne Ashworth reviews Poetic Tales by Dinah Livingstone
- The A to Z of a City by Cicely Herbert
Regulars and Occasionals
- Cartoon by Josh
- SOF Sift by Ann Eggborook
- Red Letter Days
- Mayday Notes
Front Cover: The Harrowing of Hell. Jesus dances as he
tramples down the gates of Hell and rescues Adam
and Eve. Fresco, St Saviour in Chora, Istanbul.
Back cover: Archbishop Tutu with Kumi Naidoo on the
18th day of his 21-day fast in solidarity with the
people of Zimbabwe in 2009.