edited by Dinah Livingstone
Sofia is the magazine of the Sea of Faith Network (UK) and is published quarterly. It is free to all members of the UK network but non-members can also subscribe to the magazine.
Further details HERE.
Click on thumbnail of front and back pages for larger image.
Sofia #134 December 2019Seeking Light
- Front cover image
: Apollo with the Hours (c.1822) by Georg Friedrich Kersting.
- Back cover image
: Winter Solstice sunrise at Stonehenge.
- The Gods of Olympus by Margaret Connolly
- Gods and the Good by Richard Norman
- The Festival of Adoration by Frank Walker
- Quakers and the Bible by James Dunstone
- The Sun and the Climate by Edwin Salter
- Two Epigrams by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Wanderer's Night Song by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Song of the Nicaraguas by Anon indigenous Mexican poet
- Carol Palfrey reviews Anglican Women Novelists ed. by Judith Maltby and Alison Shell
- Mark Dyer reviews The Universal Christ by Richard Rohr
- Stephen Mitchell reviews Our Shadowed World by Dominic Kirkham
- Pauline Pearson reviews Christianity and the New Spirit of Capitalism by Kathryn Tanner
Regulars and Occasionals
- Revisiting: Steven Roberts revisits Gerard Manley Hopkins' 'Terrible Sonnets'
- As I Please: John Pearson visits Sicily